We are now less than a month away from the General Election, held Tuesday November 8th. If you have not yet made a plan to vote, please take time to do so now. You can view your voter information & registration status, polling location, or register to vote by mail online at the Cook County Clerk’s office HERE.
Please mindful of the following dates:
- Early voting will be available from October 24th through November 7th
- If you are voting by mail your ballot must be postmarked by Election Day (November 8th)
Please do not hesitate to reach out to my office should you need assistance. Our office is available weekdays at (847) 486-8810, you can also email us at email@example.com.
Representative Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz
My office made our last appearance at this year’s farmers markets in Northbrook. This Summer we visited the Glenview, Morton Grove, Wilmette and Northbrook farmers markets, thank you to everyone who stopped by and spoke with us at our booths. We will see you again next year!
October 10th was World Mental Health day. In the 17th District, 14 organizations partnered together under the My Red Said Initiative. The program is an annual initiative to fight stigma and create conversations about mental health through personal notes.
Clothing Drive for Asylum Seekers
Niles Township Government is collecting new and unused winter essentials for asylum seekers resettling to our area. Help us continue to provide a meaningful support network to our new neighbors and donate if you can.
Donations are being accepted throughout October at the Niles Township Government building.
New Trier Community Wellness Fair October 22nd
Our office will be attending the New Trier Fall Fest Community Wellness Fair at the North Shore Senior Center on Saturday, October 22nd from 10 AM to 1 PM. More information on the flier below!
Public Service Loan Forgiveness applications open until October 31st
Employees of a U.S. federal, state, local or tribal government or not-for-profit organization, including U.S. military service, are eligible for additional student loan relief through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Until Oct. 31, 2022, borrowers may receive credit for payments that previously did not qualify for PSLF. Click HERE to learn more and see if you are eligible for PSLF.
District Shout Out – Glenbrook District 225
For the second year in a row Glenbrook District 225 was named by Niche as the second best school district in the nation! You can read more about this honor in Patch, HERE.
Events and Opportunities
- The Evanston Arts Council is seeking nominations for the annual Mayor’s Awards for the Arts, which recognize and honor artists and arts organizations who have made significant contributions to the arts in Evanston. To nominate an Evanston artist or arts organization, community members should submit the individual or organization’s name and up to 500 words on why they are deserving of the award to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday, October 28.
- Glenview Park District will be hosting their annual Spooktactular on Friday, October 21st from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM. There will be crafts, games and hayrides. More information HERE.
- The annual Halloween Public Skate & Costume contest will be held on Friday, October 28th at the Skatium Ice Arena in Skokie. More information HERE.
- Skokie Public Library and Niles Township Assessor Scott Bagnall will be hosting a Property Tax workshop for Niles Township residents at the Library on Thursday, October 27th at 6:00 PM. More information HERE.