As this year draws to a close, I wanted to share more details about the Covid-19 testing site that will open in Glenview on Monday, January 4th. Several officials partnered with the Glenview Park District and the team from Northshore Clinical Labs to bring PCR testing (using nasal swabs) to our district at no out-of-pocket cost to residents.
You can sign up for an appointment by clicking here.
The testing will take place at Flick Park which is located at 3600 Glenview Road. Look for the signs and banners to guide you to the field house on the north side of the park.
Here are more details so that you can plan your test:
- The site will be open Monday – Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., with a break from 2-3 p.m.; Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- There is adequate, free parking in the lot for the ~ 30 people/cars per hour who have reservations.
- Safety precautions (mask-wearing, social distancing at check-in tables, and hand sanitizer) will be enforced.
- You are required to register for an appointment to avoid crowding and delays using the link above.
- A single person can register several members of a family. You will need to provide an email address and phone number so that the lab can contact you.
- Bring an insurance card if you have one; those who do not have insurance should bring a state ID.
- Expect to spend 10 to 15 minutes at the testing facility.
- Results will generally be communicated in 1-2 days.
We expect that this site will stay open for at least a month or two, depending upon volume.
As we wait for an increased supply of covid-19 vaccines to become available, testing remains a critical tool to keep our community and our families safe. We must remain vigilant and continue to follow guidelines to keep our positivity rates down. I hope residents will take advantage of this additional testing location conveniently located in our district.
Please contact my staff at 847.486.8810 or email@example.com with any questions or for assistance with these programs.
Stay safe and stay well.
Happy New Year! Cheers to 2021!
Representative Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz